Google has launched the long rumored new Nexus 7 tablet at a press event. The new Nexus 7 is the successor to the last year’s Nexus 7 tablet, it saw numerous leaks and yesterday it even went for pre-order before the official launch. The new Nexus 7 is similar to the last year’s Nexus 7 design wise but has some differences under the hood. The new tablet gets a better screen, dual cameras and others.
The new model is also 7-inch like the old one. But the display in this version is better at 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution which is a huge improvement over the 1280 x 800 display in the last year model. It is powered by a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 pro 8064 processor coupled with Adreno 320 GPU and 2GB of RAM.
New Nexus 7 has two cameras, Google added a rear camera with 5-megapixel sensor as requested by many users, along with a front facing camera. The last years model just had a front camera. Google has alo included dual stereo speakers. It runs on the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system announced today along with the tablet. This tablet also supports NFC, LTE and wireless charging. The tablet will be available as Wi-Fi and LTE model, and it is compatible with AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile networks.
According to Google the Nexus 7 battery gives more than nine hours of HD video playback and 10 hours of web browsing or reading. This time also the new Nexus 7 is made by Asus for Google.
Pricing & Availability: This tablet is thinner, lighter and offers better screen resolution than the previous one and supports some latest technologies, so as we expect the price slightly higher than the previous model. The 16GB Nexus 7 will cost $229 and the 32GB model will cost $269. The LTE models are not yet available but they will be available soon and they command a bit higher, the 32GB LTE model will cost $349.
It will be available in the US from RadioShack, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy from July 30th. Other countries that get the tablet in the next few weeks include UK, Germany, Japan, Canada, Spain, France, Australia, and South Korea.
Google new Nexus 7 Specifications:
- Display: 7.02” 1920×1200 HD display (323 ppi), 1080p HD IPS, Scratch resistant Corning® glass
- Dimensions: 114 x 200 x 8.65 mm, 290g Wi-Fi, 299g LTE
- Processor: CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, 1.5GHz, GPU: Adreno 320, 400MHz
- Camera: 1.2MP front facing, fixed focus, 5MP rear facing, auto focus
- Memory: Choose 16GB or 32GB internal storage , 2GB RAM
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth 4.0, LTE
- Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light
- Battery: 3950 mAh, Up to 9 hours active use, Wireless charging built-in (Qi compatible)