LG has officially launched G2 smartphone in India, it is the new flagship device from LG. LG originally announced this device last month and started rolling out worldwide. It will be available in India starting today and LG officially priced it at Rs. 41,500.
LG G2 has new design elements and it has odd placement of buttons on the rear of the device. It opted to put Power and Volume rockers on the back of the device near the camera instead of device side panels. The volume rockers are also designed to act as Camera and QuickMemo launch buttons. LG says the rear buttons are helpful in operating the phone with one hand as the phone has a large display.
LG G2 features a 5.2-inch display on the front of the device, the display is IPS LCD type and it offers full HD resolution at 1920 x 1080 pixels with 423ppi density. It runs on a 2.26GHz Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM. It will be available in two variants a 16GB one and another with 32GB of internal storage. This phone packs a 3000mAh battery under the hood to power up the device.
LG took inspiration from Samsung Galaxy S4 and some of these unique feature reminds us about the S4 features.
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link — Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.