Micromax has launched its first Octa-core smartphone called Canvas Knight A350 in India. It is available as of today with a price tag of Rs 19,999. Micromax has said that the phone will be available exclusively from Micromax store. The highlight of the smartphone is its processor, it uses MediaTek 2GHz octa-core MT6592T processor.
Micromax has changed the design language with this phone, the new design looks like an iPhone, a bigger iPhone actually. Apart from that the Canvas night packs nice hardware inside for an affordable price tag, typical of Micromax. The Canvas Knight A350 features a 5-inch IPS display with full HD (1920 x 1080p) resolution. It is powered by a 2GHz MediaTek MT6592T Octa-core processor along with ARM Mali 450 GPU.
It runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean operating system, we would have liked it if Micromax includes Android 4.4.2 instead of the Jelly bean, there is no excuse for not doing that. On the memory front it comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, there is no external micro SD support. It packs a 16MP rear camera with LED flash and a 8-MP front facing camera for selfies and video calls.
Micromax Canvas Knight Key Specifications
- Processor: MediaTek MT6592T clocked at 2GHz, Mali 450 GPU
- Operating System: Android 4.2.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
- Display: 5-in full high definition (1920×1080) IPS, 441PPI
- Memory: 2 GB
- Storage 32 GB of internal storage
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB
- Camera: 16 MP rear camera with auto focus, 8MP front facing fixed focus camera
- Sensors: Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, gyroscope sensor, Gravity Sensor
- Battery: 2350 mAh; Talk time up to 7.5 hours; Standby time up to 175 hours
- Colors: Black, White and gold, Black and gold