Samsung today announced the Galaxy Note 510 in India, it is the same tablet that launched a few days back at MWC 2013 as Galaxy Note 8.0. Samsung didn’t announce the pricing or availability details. The new addition to the Samsung Galaxy Note family it looks like similar to previous Notes and supports voice calling.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core processor, it has 2GB of RAM and internal memory of 16/32GB and supports micro SD card slot for memory expansion upto 64GB. It comes with a 8-inch WVGA screen at 1280×800 (189PPI) resolution. It runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. It has a 5MP rear camera which can record 1080p @30fps videos and a front 1.3MP camera.
S Pen has also got several improvements. “Air View” is a gesture based navigation using S Pen, you can hover on videos and emails to have a preview of them before opening. In addition now the S Pen can be used to operate capacitive buttons on both sides of the home screen button, so that you don’t have to switch to you hand mode while operating with S Pen.
Content: It is also filled with some new features including a new Note application that is introduced along with this tablet. A customized version of Flipboard is included in this tablet which will work great with the S Pen stylus. “Smart Remote” which works as a universal remote control and electronic guide for managing TV and video watching seamlessly.
Samsung Galaxy Note 510 Key Specifications:
- Network: HSPA? 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
- Processor: 1.6GHz A9 quad-core processor
- Display: 8” WXGA (1280×800, 189 ppi) TFT
- OS: Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
- Camera: Main(Rear): 5 Megapixel Camera, Sub(Front): 1.3 Megapixel Camera
- GPS: A-GPS ? GLONASS (3G Version)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, AllShareCast, BT4.0, USB2.0
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
- Memory: 2GB (RAM), 16/32GB, microSD (up to 64GB)
- Dimension: 210.8 X 135.9mm, 338g (3G Version)
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 4,600mAh