Sony started rolling out Android 4.2.2 update for Xperia L device. This is a major update according to Sony and the rollout started yesterday, it will take some time before it reaches everyone out there. The version build number that is rolling out today is 15.3.A.0.26.
This is a major update that brings Jelly Bean 4.2, it include revamped homescreen widgets, apps and shortcuts. This also include camera functionality like Burst Mode etc.
According to Sony the update roll out depends on the region, carrier etc. You can check if you have an update available by going to Settings > About phone > Software updates > System updates. The update can be instaalled as OTA (Over the air) or using the PC companion software.
There are many new features in this upgrade for your Xperia™ smartphone, some examples are:
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- A revamped homescreen experience for handling widgets, apps and shortcuts. With up to 7 desktop panes, widgets that auto-resize and actionable notifications, you have complete flexibility to create the interface you want / need with a few simple touches!
- Application tray sorting is that bit breezier – just press and hold on any app – move, add it to your desktop or create a folder within the tray by dropping it on top of another! We’ve also added a new search function within the application tray that makes it easy to locate your local apps.
- Updated UI and added functionality in the Sony Media apps. For example: Playmemories integration in the album application and Music Unlimited integration in the walkman application.
- Added camera functionalities such as Burst mode that ensures you never will miss a perfect shot again.
More info at Sony