Windows 7 RTM will be available to MSDN and TechNet subscribers on August 6, Microsoft just announced. First English language build is available and other languages will be available on October 1st.
The timeline of the Windows 7 RTM availability.
- ISV (Independent software vendor) and IHV (Independent hardware vendor) Partners will be able to download Windows 7 RTM from Microsoft Connect or MSDN on August 6th.
- Microsoft Partner Program Gold/Certified Members will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English through the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Portal on August 16th.
- Microsoft Action Pack Subscribers will be about to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 23rd.
- If you are a Volume License (VL) customer with an existing Software Assurance (SA) license you will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 7th via the Volume License Service Center (VLSC).
- Volume License customers without a SA license will be able to purchase Windows 7 through Volume Licensing on September 1st
- IT Professionals with TechNet Subscriptions will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English on August 6th
- Developers with MSDN Subscriptions will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English on August 6th
There is no incentive to beta testers, the pre-order 50% discount deal that ended few days back is announced for beta testers.
Microsoft confirmed the Family pack option for home users who want to install Windows 7 in multiple PCs, this license is good for three PCs, pricing of this one is not clear. This option will be available in select markets for Windows 7 Home Premium.