Xiaomi today announced the next version of its flagship smartphone, Mi3. Xiaomi is known for affordable mobile phones with high specs in China, it didn’t start selling Mobiles internationally yet but that is expected in future as it recently hired Hugo Barra, an Android executive from Google. Mi3 is not yet available internationally but only for China.
Mi3 is features a 5-inch IPS display with One Glass Solution (OGS), the screen is full HD (1920 x 1080p) resolution one with 441ppi. It supports ultra-sensitive touch that means you can use the screen with wet hands or by wearing gloves. It will be powered by a 1.8GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor with GeForce GPU for the TD-SCDMA version or with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 2.3GHZ processor with Adreno 330 GPU for the WCDMA version.
On the camera front it comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony optics with dual LED flash, on the front it has a 2MP camera and both the camera can record 1080p video. It packs 2GB of RAM under the hood with 16GHB or 64GB of internal memory. Connectivity options include 3G, GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, micro USB. It packs a 3050mAh battery under the hood to provide juice. Xiaomi recently unveiled a low cost Hongmi smartphone in China for $130.
Availability & Pricing: It will be available in China starting October and will sell for 1999 yuan ($327) for 16GB model and 2499 yuan (408) for the 64GB model. It will be available in carious colors.
Xiaomi Mi3 Key Specifications:
- Processor: 1.8GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 4, NVIDIA GeForce GPU or 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Adreno330 GPU
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 2MP front camera
- Connectivity: 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS+ GLONASS GPS, AGPS, Wi-Fim Wi Fi Direct
- Battery: 3050 mA lithium-ion polymer battery
- MemoryL 2GB RAM, 16GB/ 64GB storage
- Display: 5-inch IPS display with 1080p resolution, Ultra-sensitive touch
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Distance sensor, Electronic compass, Barometer