Tabbed browsing in Firefox is a really convenient way to browse the web as it enables you to easily load multiple web pages within the same browser window rather than cluttering the taskbar by loading several windows. But when there are too many open tabs, managing them too can be a pretty hard task.
There are numerous Firefox add-ons that enables you to easily manage your Firefox tabs. Below are 30 of the best Firefox add-ons that can help you do so.
1. Fancy Numbered Tabs – Fancy Numbered Tabs replaces the close tab graphic with respective tab numbers. This helps users to quickly navigate to different tabs using Ctrl + (Tab Number) or Alt + (Tab Number) shortcuts.
2. Tab To Window – Tab To Window is a simple add-on that lets you copy or move a tab to a new window or join a tab to an existing window. It is very simple and easy-to-use.
3. Tab Saver! – Tab Saver! is an easy-to-use add-on that lets you save the tabs of your current session as well as restore tabs from your previous session. This add-on comes in handy if you want to restore the original set of tabs from a previous session or if you want to undo the closing of one or more tabs in the current session. It automatically saves tabs every time a page is loaded in any of the tabs.
4. NumExt – Numbered Tabs – Numext is a lightweight add-on that numbers your tabs using simple text. As it uses simple text, it does not cause any overload on the tabs. In addition to numbering tabs it also enables you to color your tabs, close specific tabs, hide tabs and much more.
5. Tab Preview – Tab Preview is a nifty add-on that enables you to preview the content of background tabs on hovering the cursor over them. It displays a small thumbnail of the content when you hover the cursor on any background tab.
6. Tab Slideshow – Tab Slideshow is a small add-on for Firefox that enables you to easily view all your open tabs as a slideshow. It automatically switches to and displays the next tab at particular intervals of time. It also provides you an option to auto-reload pages as it cycles.
7. Firefox Showcase – Firefox Showcase provides a new way to easily find and manage your Firefox tabs. It displays your Firefox tabs as thumbnails in a single window, tab or sidebar. This add-on is easy-to-install and use.
8. FishEyeTabs – When too many tabs are open, it becomes difficult to see the name of any tab. FishEyeTabs solves that problem by enabling you to zoom the tab label. To zoom any tab label all you got to do is hover the cursor over the tab. However, Fisheye zoom is activated only when the tabs occupy the entire width of the window.
9. Tab Popup – Tab Popup is a simple and easy-to-use add-on similar to Tab Preview. It enables you to easily preview the contents of any tab by just hovering the cursor over them. It also provides you options to set the width of the popup as well as the delay in displaying the popup.
10. Tab Catalog – Tab Catalog is an excellent, easy-to-use add-on that displays the contents of all your tabs in a thumbnail-style catalog. You can view it by pressing the F8 button, using the Ctrl-Tab shortcut, hovering on the tab bar, hovering on the toolbar, or by pressing both the mouse buttons. In addition to helping you easily switch between various tabs, this add-on also helps you close multiple tabs at a time.
11. Tab Sidebar – This add-on displays the thumbnail preview of all your tabs in your sidebar. It enables you to easily navigate between various tabs by just clicking on the thumbnail preview. It is a complete replacement for the default tab bar in Firefox. On activating the sidebar the main tab bar automatically gets hidden.
12. FoxTab – FoxTab is a really attractive and innovative tab management feature for Firefox. It enables you to quickly access your favorite web sites, switch between various tabs using keyboard or mouse gestures as well as re-open recently closed tabs. You can also customize the look and feel of FoxTab by choosing from a set of pre-defined themes or creating your own customized theme using Personas.
13. Send Tab URLs – This simple add-on creates a list of URLs from all the tabs in the current window. You can send this list to anyone using your favorite e-mail client or also copy it to your clipboard. It works with most e-mail clients and enables you to send up to 30 browser tabs.
14. Morning Coffee – Morning Coffee lets you organize websites by day and open them in tabs as part of your daily routine. It is really handy if you read sites that update on a regular basis such as e-newspapers, web blogs, web comics etc.
15. New Tab King – New Tab King replaces the blank page that appears when you open a new tab with a personalized launchpad. The launchpad displays the most visited sites, recently closed tabs, suggested sites and much more. It completely enhances the look of your Firefox browser.
Know any other add-on that deserves a place in this list? Tell us about it in your comments.