VoxOx is trying to be an all in one messaging communications client. Today it launched a public beta of the service. Currently it is available for Windows and Intel based Macs, support for Power PC Macs, Linux and Mobile is coming soon according to the site.
VoxOx does all kinds of messaging, phone calls, video conferencing, instant messaging, text messaging, social networking, Email and File sharing.
- Using voxox phone service you can call anywhere in the worls for free or by purchasing credits. Currently new users get 2 hours of free time, and if you refer friends you can get up to 20 hours of free time, 2 hours free time for every user you refer. The calls you make using this app can be encrypted using the AES 128-bits encryption system, to enable encryption go to config (press config button on home screen), and security tab, your contacts also need to enable this feature to get the call encrypted.
- Video conferencing can be started with other members of the service, support for non voxox clients will be added soon.
- Every Voxox user will get a free US number, this can be used to forward the calls to your home, office, mobile.
- Voicemail and Fax you receive will be forwarded to your primary email address.
- Supports all the popular Instant messaging clients logins. Supports Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AOL, Google Talk, Jabber and MSN.
- Support for popular email accounts, allows you to send and recieve email messages from chat like interface.
- Social networking accounts can be added to get all your contacts in one place and allows you to update social network profiles.
- Users can share files up to 100MB of size via a download link that can be shared by IM or email.
Download the VoxOx client to get started, after installing the client you can create an account. You need to validate the account before logging into the service. On first login it shows a wizard to setup all your, IM, Email, phone number, social networks etc. After finishing the wizard you can start using the app.
The interface looks good with bright colors and pretty icons. The first thing you will notice in the interface is it looks like iPhone interface. Clicking on those icons leads you to various services offered by voxox.
Overall this is a killer app with all possible communication tools bundled in one single app.
Uses plenty of memory, around 90MB when started but jumps to more than 200MB if you open a few chat windows. Although it has support for lot of networks and emails all of these services are not working. In Email only Yahoo Mail is working and in social networks only Facebook is working others are dead links. I hope they will add all these networks soon to live upto the expectations.
Image: Instant Message Window
@Toti AlcalÃ i TorrÃ³
Download VoxOx, install it and in the bottom of the login screen select “signup for a username”.
Toti AlcalÃ i TorrÃ³ says
Can’t create an account in https://signup.voxox.com/client/signup.php that they offer as the page to do that.
Can u help me? Or maybe it’s that there are no more licenses as a beta-tester?
I think I’ll also download and sign-up to check it out myself. Won’t hurt to give it a try.
Thank you for the hook up! 😉