Xolo is expanding its portfolio of Android devices recently a lot, recently it launched Xolo Q900 and A600 smartphones in India. Xolo released Q800 X-Edition and Xolo A500S smartphones, they are not yet officially launched but they are already listed at online stores.
Xolo Q800 X-Edition is the successor of the earlier released Xolo Q800, the differences between these two are minimal. Xolo Q800 X-Edition is powered by a 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589 Quad-Core processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU clocked at 286MHz, while the previous Q800 phone has another variant of the same processor, MT6589M Quad Core processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU clocked at 156MHz. It comes with a 4.95 IPS display with qHD (540 x 960 pixels) resolution.
It comes with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage, along with a micro SD card for memory expansion upto 32GB. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. It packs a 2100mAh of battery under the hood. It is priced at Rs. 11,999 and currently available from Flipkart.com
Xolo Q800 X-Edition Key Specifications:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.2GHz Quad Core MT6589 Processor
- PowerVR SGX 544 GPU
- 4.5 inch IPS display with qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels)
- Dimensions: 135.5 x 67 x 9.6mm, Weight: 143.5 g
- 1GB RAM, 4GB of ROM, Micro SD card upto 32GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, micro USB
- Camera: 8MP rear camera, auto focus, LED flash, 1MP front camera
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Battery: 2100mAh
Xolo A500S IPS is another smartphone listed online from Xolo. As the name suggests it comes with IPS display instead of TFT LCD on its predecessor A500S. It features a 4-inch IPS screen with WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution. It is powered by a 1.3GHz dual core MT6572W processor with Mali 400MP GPU. It is also a dual SIM with dual standby. It comes with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage with micro SD support for memory expansion upto 32GB.
It packs a 1400mAh battery under the hood to powerup the device. It comes with a 5MP rear camera and a front VGA camera.
Xolo A500S IPS Key Specifications:
- 4-inch IPS display with WVGA 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 1.3GHz Dual Core MT6572W Processor
- Mali 400MP GPU
- 5MP rear camera, touch focus, LED Flash, Front VGA camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB, A-GPS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity sensor
- Battery: 1400 mAh
It is an entry level phone with basic specifications and good for the first time smartphone buyers. It is priced at Rs. 7,249 and is available from Flipkart.com