Gmail is undoubtedly one among the most used e-mail service on the web. It’s powerful features, amazing speed and better functionality along with a simple interface is what makes it better than it’s competitors.
Among the various features that Gmail offers, one of the most interesting feature is the Gmail Labs which enables users to add more features to Gmail. Gmail Labs is a testing ground for experimental features that aren’t quite ready for primetime. In this post, we present you 5 Gmail Labs features that’s a must-use.
1. Message Sneak Peek Message Sneak Peek is a simple but pretty useful feature. Instead of going through every message that you get, this feature lets you right-click on any message to get a quick view of it. It can be pretty handy in filtering out the important messages in your inbox.
2. Undo Send Undo Send is a very handy Gmail Labs feature. As the name suggests this feature enables you to stop a message from being sent. On enabling this feature, Gmail waits for a predefined number of seconds before sending any message. During this time, you can click on the “Undo” button to stop Gmail from sending the message. The amount of seconds to wait before sending can be configured in the “settings” page.
3. Multiple Inboxes Multiple Inboxes feature lets you have more than one inbox in your default Gmail view. It can be configured to view e-mails from different labels, starred messages, drafts or any search you want. In addition to this, you can also set the number of messages to be displayed and also the positioning of the inboxes.
4. Message Translation This feature enables you to translate foreign language mails that you receive into the language of your choice. It translates your mails using Google’s own language translation tool, Google Translate.
5. Google Docs Preview in Gmail This Gmail labs feature enables you to preview the content of any Google Docs document, spreadsheet or presentation right in your Gmail inbox. Whenever you receive an e-mail with links to Google Docs documents, Gmail will automatically display the name and type of document below the e-mail with a “Show Preview” link. Clicking on the link will display the contents of the document right there.
We hope you liked our list of some of the must-use Gmail Labs features. Tell us about your favourite Gmail Labs features in the comments section.