HTC has announced Desire 601 along with the Desire 700 in Taiwan today, this is the successor the Desire 600 smartphone released some time back. It is also a dual SIM Android smartphone like the 700, it features a 4.5-inch display with qHD resolution (960 x 540 pixels), with a pixel density of 245ppi. It is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad Core Processor, the make of the processor is not yet clear, probably the Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm.
It runs on Android Jelly Bean operating system with HTC Sense on top of it. It comes with HTC BlinkFeed, HTC BoomSound, Zoe and other HTC apps. It is a dual SIM Android phone that supports dual standby. It comes with 1GB RAM and 4GB of internal storage along with a micro SD card for memory expansion upto 64GB. On the imaging front it comes with a 5MP rear camera with BSI Sensor, auto flash etc. It also has a front camera at VGA resolution.
It will be available in Taiwan starting December for a retail price of NTD 10,900 or $368 or Rs. 22,800. The international availability of Desire 601 is not yet known.
HTC Desire 601 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 134.5 x 66.7 x 9.88 mm, 130 grams
- Display: 4.5-inch qHD resolution screen (960 x 540)
- Processor: 1.2GHz Quad Core Processor
- Camera: 5MP main camera, VGA front camera
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM, micro SD card upto 64GB
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB, AGPS + Glonass, 3G
- Android, HTC Sense, HTC Blink Feed, HTC Boom Sound,
- 2100mAh Battery