HTC unveiled the long rumored HTC One Mini handset today. It packs many of the HTC One’s features in a smaller form factor with the same design language. Over the weeks we have seen several leaks and rumors about this device, and finally HTC has made it official. One mini will launch in August in select markets and later in September HTC will start the global rollout of this smartphone.
If you have craved for the HTC One and put off by its price or form factor you can pick this beauty which looks like the HTC One and packs much of the features from its big brother. The One mini will have a 4.3-inch Super LCD display at HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels) that gives it a pixel density of 341. It sports the aluminum unibody design similar to the One. It is powered by a 1.4GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU.
It runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean layered with HTC Sense. It packs a 4 megapixel UltraPixel Camera like the One and 1.6 megapixel front camera. The phone comes with a 1,800mAh Li-Polymer battery under the hood to power up the device. On the memory front it has 1GB RAM and 16GB internal memory.
HTC One mini will also include features that came with HTC One, namely HTC BlinkFeed, HTC UltraPixel Camera and HTC BoomSound with two front speakers.
Pricing & Availability: Pricing of this phone is not yet revealed, we have to wait some more time for the pricing details. According to HTC it will be available in select markets in August and global rollout in September.
HTC One Mini Key Specifications:
- Dimensions: 132 x 63.2 x 9.25mm, Weight: (122g)
- Display: 4.3 inches Super LCD3, 1,280 x 720 (341 ppi)
- Internal storage: 16GB
- Rear camera: 4MP, BSI, f/2.0, 1/3” sensor size, 2µm pixel size
- Front-facing cam: 1.6MP BSI
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, micro USB,
- CPU: 1.4GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, Adreno 305 GPU
- RAM: 1GB DDR2
- Entertainment: MHL, DLNA, BoomSound
- Operating system: Android 4.2, Sense 5 UI
- Battery: 1,800mAh Li-Polymer (non-removable)