Motorola announced that Moto G is getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates in US. Moto G was scheduled for January 2014 launch in US but Motorola launched the phone last month itself in US. When it launched Moto G in US Motorola said that the Android 4.4 KitKat update will be pushed in January 2014. But the update is now pushed to Moto G before the schedule.
Moto G Android 4.4.2 Update is now hitting for phones bought from motorola.com or through Amazon.com. The update for phones bought through carriers and other phones from other regions will receive the said update soon. The update is over-the-air and if you have a Moto G you will get the notification to update your phone to the latest Android version.
This update continues our effort to get our users the latest Android software as fast as humanly possible. We began by pushing KitKat out to Moto X users on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, just weeks after Google announced the new OS—and our most recent expansion over the past few weeks includes Moto X on US Cellular and Sprint and DROID ULTRA, DROID MAXX, and DROID MINI. We also started to roll out the software in Brazil for retail devices. More carriers and regions will follow very soon.
Moto G Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Release Notes
- KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Added support for Square credit card reader.