Motorola announced the expected Mot G smartphone in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Motorola is targeting it as an affordable smartphone compared to handsets that are already in the market. During the presentation Motorola CEO, Dennis Woodside takes a dig at Samsung and Apple for expensive phones.
Moto G features a 4.5-inch display with HD resolution (1280 x 720p) along with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor with Adreno 305GPU. It comes with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out or the box and Motorola guarantees update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Moto G Key Specifications
- 4.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display at 329 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB/16GB internal storage
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, GLONASS
- 2070 mAh battery
Availability: Moto-G is launched today in Brazil and available immediately. Europe in this week and parts of Latin America and parts of Asia, Canada in the next few weeks. It will launch in India and US and in some other countries early Jan 2014. The back shells are interchangeable and they will be available in a range of colors.
Price: Moto G will be available with out contract and unlocked, an 8GB version will cost $179 and the 16GB version will cost $199.