Notepad++ is one of the best open source text editor available for windows. I was using 4.9.2 and lately i discovered that there is a new version with some new features.
Notepad++ v5 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.9.2) :
1. Improve Notepad++ performance – on startup and on exit.
2. Add Calltip capacity.
3. All the menu commands can be added in context menu, including plugins’ commands, macros and user defined commands.
4. Add bookmarked lines operations : delete all marked lines, copy all marked lines into clipboard, cut all marked lines into clipboard, paste from clipboard to replace all marked lines content.
5. Fix crash bug : Open files with date pre-1970.
6. Fix clone mode bug : now the actions done in one view will be synchronized in the cloned view.
7. Add tooltips in document tab to display the full file name path.
8. Change hide lines behaviour : Hide lines now saved during switches.
9. Change file history list behaviour : Most recent closed file is on the top. Add number on list.
10. Caret width and blink rate are customizable.
11. Add asterisk in title bar if file is dirty.
12. The bookmarks’ look & feel are improved.
13. Add “Select all” and “copy” context menu items in Find in files results window.
14. Fix goto line with command line bug.
15. Improve smart highlight / mark all / incremental search highlight all visibility
16. Tabbar’s coulours is configurable via Stylers Configurator(Active tab Text, Inactive tab text, Inactive tab background, Active tab focused indicator and Active tab unfocused indicator).
17. Add the smart highlight file size limit – 1.5 MB in order to improve the performance.
18. Add exception handling (dumping filedata).
Included plugins :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
4. MIME Tools v1.4
5. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
6. NppExport v0.2.7.3
7. Compare plugin v1.5.1
8. Light Explorer v1.5
9. Doc Monitor v2.1