Sony has started rolling Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update for its flagship smartphones Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra. Sony noted in a blog post that these updates were prepared after the feedback they received from users and these updates addresses improvements to few under the hood features. The update includes performance and stability tweaks and improvements as well.
According to Sony the update fixes the display for better viewing experiences, and also includes a fix that gives longer battery life among other things. Below is the change log for the device updates.
- tweaked the camera algorithm for even better all round performance
- refined Sony’s Smart Social Camera platform, so Xperia Camera apps run more smoothly (particularly Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama…)
Xperia Z ultra:
- optimized touchscreen sensitivity, for both finger gestures and writing / sketching with pencils, metal pens and selected styluses
For both Z1 and Z Ultra:
- re-calibrated the display ever so slightly, to ensure viewing experiences remain bright & bold
- economised power consumption for longer battery life
- streamlined Exchange connection for faster email sync, display and download