YotaPhone is a device manufatured by Yota Devices of Russia, it is a unique phone in that it has two display one on the front a conventiinal LCD screen, the one on the back is a eInk display. YotaPhone is under development for few years now, it made its appearance in last year’s trade shows like CES and MWC according to reports. The phone is under development and the company earlier promised that it will launch this year in November but that didn’t happen.
TechCrunch is now reporting that YotaPhone will finally launch to the public before Christmas internationally. Earlier reports claimed that the phone will be priced around 500 euros in Europe but those are just rumors and no solid information on pricing is available as of now. Yota Devices has partnered with Singaporean company called Hi-P for mass producing the phone and should be launched next month that is December.
According to TC, the phone packs a 4.3-inch screen with HD resolution, it is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM and not so good battery of 1800mAh under the hood. The rear screen is also 4.3-inch one but eInk screen with just 360 x 640 pixels. It runs on Android Jelly Bean. It is interesting to see how consumers will react to the eInk rear screen, whether it becomes a distinguished factor or a gimmick we will know soon.
Yota Phone Specs
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Dual Core 1.7 GHz Krait Processpr
- Dimensions: 133.6 x 67 x 9.99mm
- Colors: Black and white
- Main Screen: 4.3” 720×1280 LCD, 16.7M colours; capacitive multi touch
- Back screen: 4.3” 360×640 EPD, 16 grayscale; capacitive touch zone below the EPD for gesture controls
- Network: LTE 800/1800/2600 MHz, UMTS 900/1800/2100 MHz, GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz
- Main camera 13 MP AF, LED flash, front camera 1MP
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, BT v4.0, GPS w/A-GPS + Glonass
- Video:1080p 30fps; H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4, WebM
- Audio: MP3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, AMR, MIDI, WAV
- 1800mAh battery
- Other: Accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, FM radio, micro-SIM, special YotaPhone gestures and Put2Back applications for the back screen