Google Chrome is a really simple browser with minimalistic looks and powerful features. Although Chrome was lite and fast and growing steadily, with the launch of Google Chrome extensions, Chrome started growing at an ever increasing pace.
The Chrome extensions gallery is one place where you can find loads of extensions that add more functionality to your browser and also lets you personalize it. You can also find various extensions that can really boost your productivity. Below are some of our favorite Chrome extensions for productivity.
1. StayFocusd – StayFocusd is a simple productivity extension for Chrome that limits the amount of time per day that you spend on time-wasting websites. Once the allotted time has been used up, the sites you have blocked will be inaccessible for the rest of the day.
2. RemindMe – As the name suggests, this Chrome extension enables you to set reminders for any specific job while browsing and also allows you to sync them between multiple computers. Moreover, it also enables you to add reminders to your Google calender.
3. Mouse Stroke – Mouse Stroke is a simple extension that lets you perform common tasks by simply moving your mouse. You can go back to the previous page by just moving your mouse to the left, go forward by moving your mouse to the right and much more. Other than the built-in functions you can also create your own custom strokes.
4. Tab Organizer – This extension for Chrome enables you to easily find and organize all your tabs. Clicking on the Tab Organizer icon, opens a popup with all your windows and tabs so you can easily organize them. It also enables you to select and close multiple tabs and windows.
5. TabJump – TabJump is a powerful Chrome extension that lets you easily navigate your tabs. It highlights your frequently used tabs as well as related tabs, so that you can easily navigate between them. It also enables you to lock specific tabs, so as to prevent accidental closing.
6. Snippy – Snippy is a simple extension for Chrome that lets you grab snippets of web pages and save them for future use. As it enables rich content, you can also capture paragraphs, images, links and more. It also allows you to upload your snips to Google Docs and also SnipBin, so as to view your snips even outside Chrome.
7. Lazarus : Form Recovery – Lazarus auto-saves everything that you type so that you can easily recover the entire form by just a single click. It is really useful to recover your form from network errors, crashes and form-filling timeouts. It also enables you to encrypt your data using a password.
8. One Window – One Window automatically moves new windows and popups as tabs to the main window. It can be really handy if you don’t like having more than a single window open.
9. Time Tracker – Time Tracker is a really handy extension that keeps track of the amount of time that you spend on different websites. It can be very helpful if you want to keep a check on your internet usage.
10. RescueTime Chrome Productivity Meter – This is a powerful Chrome extension that gives you an instant and easy understanding of how you spend your time over the internet and also compares you with the rest of the world. It shows you as to what percent of your browsing is productive and also compares your productivity to tons of millions of users across the world.
Have any other extensions to recommend? Share it with us through the comments.
Will have to check out the Rescue time extension, didn’t know they had one. The others look interesting also.