The hugely popular photo manipulation app Instagram on iOS devices finally came to Android, it is available now for download from Google Play store. Instagram for Android was teased at SXSW last month. Instagram is the most popular photo manipulation and photo sharing app boasting around 30 million users on iOS platform.
The app has been long due with hype from Instagram developers saying the Android version will be better than iOS app. The Android app will provide an â€œextremely familiar Instagram experience when compared to the iOS app. Youâ€™ll find all the same exact filters and community as our iOS versionâ€ according to Instagram. However there are some features missing in the Android version of the app like tilt shift / Blur, Share from feed, live Preview and share to Flickr. But the next versions of the app will introduce these features to the Android app.
The new Android app will work any camera phone running Android 2.2 or later. But it wonâ€™t work on Android tablets yet.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
Download from Google Play Store. Via Engadget.
[…] will live on independently. Instagram is an exclusive iOS app until recently, they introduced Android app few days back. Instagram grow quite remarkably adding nearly 30 million users being just an iPhone […]
[…] will become launch vehicles for these malware. Instagram, once popular iOS only app and later debuted to Android and now acquired by Facebook is now getting the attention of scammers. Security firm Sophos alerts […]