Sony started rolling out promised Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Xperia devices. Sony announced that the update for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, and Xperia Tablet Z officially starts about now, if you are waiting for the update eagerly check your device if you got the update. Sony announced last month that it will push updates to its Xperia lineup starting December, the updates include Android 4.3 Jelly Bean first and later Android 4.4 KitKat.
The latest Android update brings lot of improvements, bug fixes and more importantly new features. Here is the change log Sony has mentioned on its blog.
- The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update includes project butter performance & UI optimization and smoother graphical experience according to Sony.
- The Sony’s Smart Social Camera app launched with the Xperia Z1 is now available to all these devices, it lets you download, access Xperia camera apps directly from the viewfinder.
- Sony’s entire native portfolio apps are now upgraded to latest versions, the list includes Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and more.
- Sony’s Media apps (WALKMAN, Album, Movies) integrated with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service to serve more engaged Sony entertainment experience. Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content.
- Xperia Themes, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select.
- Android security enhancements along with Sony’s enterprise solution for businesses.
- Battery stamina mode, an upgraded version of the Sony’s power management app got a refreshed user interface along with more options for prolonged battery life.
- Increased user control for Xperia Tablet Z, with “Restricted Profiles”; option to createisolated, secure spaces with individual local storage, home screens, widgets and settings.
Android updates for other Sony Xperia products will follow soon.