Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee has launched Gionee Elife S5.5, which Gionee claims as the world’s slimmest phone. Gionee has earlier launched Elife E6 and E7 smartphones in India. Gionee is concentrating on India from quite some time and this year it wants to ship 6 million smartphones in India. It wants to increase is smartphone market share from current 2% to 5% by the end of the year.
Gionee Elife Elife S5.5 is just 5.55mm in thickness, it includes a thinnest glass cover at just 0.4mm and a thin PCB board at only 0.6mm. It features a 5-inch super Amoled display with full HD resolution (1920 x 1080p), it comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection. It is powered by a Octa-core processor from MediaTek MT6592 along with 2GB of RAM. The internal storage is pegged at 16GB. Other specifications include 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera and usual connectivity options. It comes with an embedded battery and metallic unibody.
Gionee is quite ambitious about its plans for India, it wants to reach to the top smartphone brand position by beating Samsung, the current top smartphone brand in the next five years.
Pricing & Availability
Gionee Elife S5.5 is priced at Rs 22,999 in India. The smartphone will be available from April 27th onwards in India.
Gionee Elife S5.5 Specifications
- Display: 5.0” Super AMOLED Plus display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Octa- Core 1.7GHz CPU, MediaTek MT6592
- Single SIM
- 13.0MP AF +5.0MP AF Camera 95 Degree Ultra-Wide Angle
- UI: AMIGO OS 2.0 based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Memory: 2GBRAM +16GB internal storage
- Dimensions: 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm
- Network: GSM-850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA-850/1900/2100MHz or 900/1900/2100MHz
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm Earphone Jack, WIFI, GPS, BT4.0, FM
- Battery: Non-removable 2300mAh Battery