Google released the updated Google+ app for Android with some new features and an improved interface. Google already released Google+ app for iPhone earlier this month with the same design changes. Google+ recently got an update for its web version also.
The new Google+ update brings the ability to start hangouts from your mobile phone. To start Hangout from your phone just hit the Hangout button in the navigation ribbon, add some friends and your friends will receive a ring a to join you.
Apart from Hangouts it adds a navigation ribbon that slides in and out to provide quick access to the app. You can download photos directly from Google+ and you can set them as wallpapers. Inline editing of posts also added to this update.
What’s in this version:
– Visual refresh of the stream and improved navigation
– Initiate a Hangout from the main menu
– Support for ringing hangout notification
– Support for post editing
– Messenger suggestions for people you may know
– Download photos from posts or Messenger conversations