Google has released the Nexus 5 today as expected before. It will be available with Android Kitkat starting today. Google noted in a blogpost that they will release a new device with new release of the Android version and this time it is Nexus 5 with Android KitKat. Although the device is released today we already know much about the device due to a continuous stream of leaks ahead of the launch.
Nexus 5 is manufactured by LG, it is the slimmest and fastest Nexus phone ever made according to Google. It features a 5-inch IPS Display with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), that comes to 445ppi. The display has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. It is powered by the 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor with Adreno 330 GPU clocked at 450MHz.
On the camera department it comes with an 8-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization. The new camera lens fitted on Nexus 5 will capture more light for brighter and sharper action shots. With optical image stabilization your shots won’t look blurry and shaky anymore. These is a HDR+ mode included which takes a series of shots to give you a perfect shot.
Connectivity options include 4G/LTE, Dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, A-GPS etc. It packs 2GB of RAM, 16GB / 32GB of internal storage and 2300 mAh battery under the hood.
Availability & Pricing: Nexus 5 is available from today unlocked from Google Play Store in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan and Korea and coming soon to India. The 16GB version is priced at $349. In US it is available from Sprint, T-Mobile, Amazon, Best Buy and RadioShack.
Google Nexus 5 Key Specifications:
- OS: Android™ 4.4 (KitKat®)
- Display: 4.95″ 1920×1080 display (445 ppi), Full HD IPS, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Camera: 1.3MP front facing, 8MP rear facing with Optical Image Stabilization
- Size: 69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm
- Weight: 4.59 oz (130 g)
- Battery: 2,300 mAH, Wireless Charging built-in
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800, 2.3GHz
- GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, 4G/LTE
- Memory: 16 GB / 32GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM
- Ceramic power and volume buttons