Huawei has launched the Ascend P6 S in China quietly with out much fanfare. The Ascend P6 S is an upgraded version of the Ascend P6. The upgrade version is a little bit thick at 0.3 inches than the previous model which is one of the thinnest phones in the market. The exterior of the phone looks same as Ascend P6, while internal specs slightly differ from it.
Huawei Ascend P6 S comes with a 4.7-inch HD display (720p) and works with gloves also. The chipset powering the devices has been bumped a bit it is now clocked at 1.6GHz, previously 1.5GHz in Ascend P6. The make of the chipset is not yet clear, may be Huawei’s own chipset. There is a 2GB of RAM inside along with 16GB of internal storage. Other specifications include an 8MP rear camera, a 5MP front facing camera, 2000mAh battery under the hood to power up the device.
It is a dual-SIM handset with dual-Standby functionality. It runs on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system with Emotion 2.0 UI on top. The phone is currently priced at CNY 2700 ($445 or Rs 27450), and is currently available on China Unicom through Vmall, Huawei;s own web store.
Huawei Ascend P6 S Technical Specifications
- Display: 4.7 inch In-cell display with 1280×720 pixels
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- RAM: 2GB, 16GB internal storage, no MicroSD slot
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Emotion UI 2.0
- Rear Camera: 8MP CMOS Lens with LED flash and auto focus, 1080p FHD video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP, 720p video recording
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, MicroUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 132.6mm x 65.5mm x 6.48mm
- Weight: 120g
- Battery: 2000mAh Li-polymer