LG today unveiled a 5-inch Android smartphone Optimus GK in the Korean market with similar features to the already launched Optimus G Pro. Optimus GK has similar specs that is the LG’s flagship Optimus G Pro but in a smaller package, LG Optimus Pro has a 5.5-inch screen and this one has 5-inch screen. LG is already selling a 5-inch Android phone in Japan under the Optimus G Pro name.
Optimus G5 has a 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with 440ppi, it is powered by a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor, 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory. A micro SD slot for expanding the memory upto 64GB. It comes with a 13MP rear camera and a 2.1MP front camera. It is equipped with 3100mAh battery to power up the device.
It is launched in Korea and will be available from next month onwards, we don’t know the global availability or the pricing of this phone. If it launches globally and in India it will compete with the recently launched Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z. Along with good hardware under the hood this phone also comes with Software features from LG, those include “Dual Rec”, that allows users to record simultaneously from the front and rear camera, “VR Panorama”, “Smart” “Dual Camera”. It will be available in Platinum White and indigo Black when released.
LG Optimus GK Key Specifications:
- Size: 139.1 * 69.9 * 9.9 mm
- Weight: 156g
- Network: 3G HSPA + network 4G LTE
- CPU: 1.7GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 600
- Display: 5-inch Full HD IPS display (1920 * 1080), Zerogap Touch
- Camera: 13MP rear camera and 2.1MP front camera.
- Battery: 3,100 mAh / built-in
- Memory: 2GB DDR2 RAM / 16GB internal / microSD slot support (64GB)
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Wi- Currently pending the a Direct Fi (802.11 a / ??b / g / n (5GHz)), NFC
SlimPort (HDMI monitor for display port (D-Sub) Supports)