mp3DirectCut is a freeware application for editing compressed mp3 audio files. It allows you to “cut, copy, paste and change the mp3 volume with no need to decompress your files for audio editing.”
It is fast and saves your time, because there is no re-encoding of the edited audio files. mp3DirectCut has a built in recorder that creates mp3 on the fly from your audio input.
- Non-destructive cut, copy, paste
- Volume change, fade, normalize, pause detection
- mp3 recording with ACM or Lame encoder
- Fast mp3 visualisation and easy navigation
- Supports Layer 2 (dvd/dvb audio)
- ID3v1.1 tag editor Â· ID3v2 tag keeping
- Cue Sheet support
- Auto cue (track dividing by time values)
- Track splitting with filename and tag creation
- Trim Â· Crop Â· Fast play Â· Loop play
- VU meter, bitrate visualisation
- High speed recorder Â· Command line usage
This is a tiny application (180KB of Zip file), works with Windows or Linux with Wine.