Nokia has finally revealed the pricing of the Lumia 1020 for Indian market. Nokia has officially unveiled this phone in India last week and global launch took place in June this year. Nokia said that the price will be revealed on October 10th and the phone will be available from October 11th onwards. This is unlikely as the price is already revealed and the listing shows the phone will be available from the 3rd week of October.
Lumia 1020 runs on Windows Phone 8 operating system and is the latest flagship from Nokia. The unique feature of this phone is its 41MP pureview camera, it comes with Zeiss Optics, Optical image stabilization and other imaging goodness.
As expected the device is priced at ?49999, we expected it to be around ?48000 when it launched. With that pricing Nokia will find it hard to sell the device. Indian market is very price sensitive and people are not ready to shell out ?50k for a smartphone running Windows Phone OS.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Key Specifications:
- Display: 4.5 inch display, resolution: WXGA (1280 x 768), Pixel density: 334.0 ppi
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer
- Dimensions: 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm, Weight: 158.0 g
- Micro-USB, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC,
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz dual-core
- RAM: 2 GB, Mass memory: 32 GB, Free cloud storage: 7 GB
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- Location and navigation apps: HERE Maps, HERE Transit, HERE City Lens, HERE Drive+, Location technologies: Magnetometer, A-GPS, A-GLONASS, Barometer
- 2000mAh, maximum talk time (3G): 12.5h
- Main camera sensor: 41 MP, PureView, Autofocus, Carl Zeiss Tessar lens, Main camera f-number/aperture: f/2.2
- Flash type: Xenon flash
- Optical image stabilization, PureView, Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6-lens optics
- Secondary camera: 1280 x 960 pixels, f-number/aperture: f/2.4, HD 1.2 MP wide angle