Nokia announced a low-end Windows Phone 8 smartphone in it’s Lumia series of smartphones, the Lumia 520 is a dual-core smartphone running on Windows Phone 8. Lumia 520 is the cheapest phone in its series, now Nokia with the launch of Lumia 520 and 720 today at MWC 2013 has Lumia phones at all price points.
Lumia 520 is targeted as an affordable Windows Phone, it is very important for markets like India, where mid range smartphones are selling a lot. It is powered by a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, with 512MB RAM. It comes with 4-inch WVGA IPS LCD display at 480×800 pixel resolution. It will come with some of the Nokia goodies including Nokia Here maps, Nokia music, Cinemagraph for Nokia lenses that brings animation to pictures and others. However it doesn’t support NFC or LTE as expected from a low-end device .
- Windows Phone 8
- WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB
- 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors, 2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
- 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon
- 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
- 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
- Weight: 124g
- WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
- Battery: 1430mAh
- Colors: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
The Lumia will be available in five colors: cyan, yellow, red, black and white, the shells are interchangeable so you are not limited to one color. It will first be released in Hong Kong and Vietnam followed by Europe, Asia, Afric and Latin America. It is coming to US through T-Mobile and China through China Mobile. Lumia 520 has a starting price of €139 ($183).