Qualcomm today announced the Snapdragon 805 Processor in the Snapdragon 800 series. The new processor offers highest-quality mobile video, imaging and graphics with support for Ultra HD (4K) resolution. It is the successor for the Qualcomm’s Quad Core Snapdragon 800 Processor, it comes with the Adreno 420 GPU with upto 40 percent more graphics processing power than its predecessor.
Snapdragon 805 processor is the first mobile processor to offer system-level Ultra HD support, 4K video capture and playback and enhanced dual camera Image Signal Processors (ISPs), for superior performance, multitasking, power efficiency and mobile user experiences.
Key Features of Snapdragon 805 processor:
- Krait 450 quad-core CPU, up to 2.5 GHz per core, bandwidth support of up to 25.6 GB/second
- Ultra HD solution with on-device display concurrent with output to HDTV
- Adreno 420 GPU, support for hardware tessellation and geometry shaders, for advanced 4K rendering
- Integration with either Qualcomm Gobi MDM9x25 or the Gobi MDM9x35 modem
- Supports LTE carrier aggregation and LTE Category 4 with superior peak data rates of up to 150Mbps.
- dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, enables wireless 4K video streaming and other media-intensive applications.
- Ability to stream more video content at higher quality using less power: Support for HQV for video post processing, hardware 4K HEVC (H.265)
- Sharper, higher resolution photos in low light and advanced post-processing features:
- Sensor processing with gyro integration enables image stabilization for sharper, crisper photos.
“Using a smartphone or tablet powered by Snapdragon 805 processor is like having an UltraHD home theater in your pocket, with 4K video, imaging and graphics, all built for mobile,” said Murthy Renduchintala, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and co-president, QCT. “We’re delivering the mobile industry’s first truly end-to-end Ultra HD solution, and coupled with our industry leading Gobi LTE modems and RF transceivers, streaming and watching content at 4K resolution will finally be possible.”
Snapdragon 805 Processor is currently in testing and first commercial devices with this processor will be available by the first half of 2014.