Samsung launched the Galaxy S4 Mini officially in India, it will be available in stores in the next few days. It will carry a price tag of Rs. 27,990. S4 mini resembles its big brother Galaxy S4 with same design language with cut-down specifications and it occupies the mid-range in the Samsung Galaxy lineup of devices.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini packs a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display with qHD resolution at a pixel density of 256PPI. It is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core processor and runs on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. On the camera front it comes with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 1.9MP front HD camera for video calls.
It packs 1.5GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage out of which 5GB is available to the user, it also supports micro SD slot for memory expansion upto 64GB. It won’t come with all those sensors you will find on Galaxy S4 but it will have these: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyro, Magnetic.
It packs a 1900mAh battery under the hood to provide power to the device. It will come with Samsung goodies like S Translator, S Health and other useful apps. It will also include sound&shot feature that debuted with the S4, it will allow users to take pictures with a short sound clip included.
The S4 Mini is a lightweight phone with just 107gms, and being light on wallet it might appeal to those users who doesn’t’ want an S4.
Galaxy S4 Mini Key Specifications:
- Display: 4.3”qHD (16:9 wide view) Super AMOLED
- 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Rear : 8 megapixel, Front: 1.9 megapixel
- Connectivity: WiFi 5.0GHz a/b/g/n, GPS ?GLONASS, Bluetooth® v4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyro, Magnetic
- Memory: 8GB Internal memory (User Memory approximately 5GB) ?microSD (up to 64GB), 1.5GB RAM
- Dimension: 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.94mm, 107g (3G Dual SIM version:108g)
- Battery: 1,900mAh