Samsung’s this year flagship Galaxy S4 came to Google I/O as a nexus Device. Google didn’t give it an official Nexus device name but as of any Nexus phone the Galaxy S4 will also run on stock Android. The Galaxy S4 will be available from June 26th for $649 and will be sold through Google Play.
Galaxy S4 Nexus will come as an unlocked device, comes with unlocked bootloader. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for now, but Google promises that every Android update will be pushed immediately to the device. Google is expected to announce Android 4.3 later today, probably this device will get the update sometime later.
Nothing has changed with respect to the specifications of the phone except it will launch with stock Android with out Samsung’s TouchWiz interface. It will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile LTE networks and comes with 16GB of internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Key Specifications:
- 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm, 130grams
- 1.9GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon Processor / 1.6GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos Processor
- Android 4.2. Jelly Bean
- Cat 3 100/50Mbps (downloads at 100 Mbps, uploads at 50Mbps)
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (HT80)
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR LED (Remote Control) MHL 2.0
- 13mp autofocus camera, 2mp front camera. Full HD recording at 30fps.
- 2gb of LP DDR3 RAM
- 16 storage with microSD upto 64GB
- Battery: removable 2,600 mAh
- Sensors: Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture