Sony started rolling out updates for Sony Xperia S, Xperia SL and Xperia acro S Android handsets. Sony has posted the info on its blog, for your information this update is firmware update to the Android 4.1 update rolled out earlier. This fixes several issues and includes improvements to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version on these phones.
After making Android JB 4.1 available for these smartphones, we received feedback on a few issues within the build. We’re keen to ensure that all our software is as good as it can possibly be, so we’ve addressed these & improved on a few things…
The Change log for this update:
- Addressed an abnormality in the white balance
- Improved the “Quick Launch” button functionality
- Smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag
- Streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
- Boosted connection stability for 2G network data
- Ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot
- Economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
- Corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low
- Introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
- Made sure the volume “up” button is fully responsive
As usual the update is rolling out gradually and will vary by region and market.