State Bank of India (SBI), the largest public sector bank in India has released an app for Windows Phone users. SBI has apps for iOS and Android from quite some time and Windows Phone app was recently released. Compared to the other platform apps WP app for State Bank of India Freedom app is nicely designed with Metro design language. The Android app is outright ugly if you compare both.
SBI app offers users the ability to do mobile banking from their Windows Phone, you can check balance, send money and pay your utility bills right from the mobile app. You need to activate the app after downloading it from the marketplace, activations can be done at any ATM or at bank branches.
Funds transfer (within SBI or other Bank’s account)
- Immediate Mobile Payment Services (IMPS) : Fund Transfer, Merchant Payments 24 x 7
- Enquiry Services (Balance Enquiry / Mini statement)
- Cheque Book request
- Demat Account Enquiry
- Bill Payments (Utility bills, Credit Cards, Insurance premium), Donations, Subscriptions
- Mobile Top up
- M-Commerce (DTH Recharge of Tatasky, BigTV, SunDirect, DishTV, DigitalTV and Videocon d2h connections, SBI Life insurance premium, etc.)
- Booking of train tickets over the IRCTC portal through IMPS