Windows Vista and Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium and Professional editions come with one language pack, but if you want to install another language pack you have no option to do so with out using third party software.
Vistalizator has been updated to version 2.5, it supports Windows Vista SP1/SP2 and Windows 7 SP1. The next version of Windows that is Windows 8 will remove this limitation and allow you to switch languages on the fly.
Vistalizator is an app that allows you to get additional language packs for your Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation. Using this software you can change the display language of your Vista / 7 Windows installation, it is a standalone app and works flawlessly. See my earlier post on how to install additional language packs on Vista.
- Works in 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Change Windows display language in less than 5 minutes! (Express installation mode)
- Uses official Microsoft Windows language packs
- You can install all 36 MUI languages and switch between them easily
- You can install 55 Windows Vista LIP languages on top of specific MUI languages
- You can install 59 Windows 7 LIP languages on top of specific MUI languages
- Compatible with Vista Service Pack 1/2 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- User Account Control (UAC) compliant – prompts for administrative privileges Windows Speech Recognition works with all supported languages:
Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish
- Languages can be installed either in Internal or in Express mode,
Download Vistalizator 2.5, links to the language packs can also be found here.