Waze is a mapping and navigation app with a strong community around the product. Google acquired the Waze app this June and since then Google is slowly bringing Waze features to Google Maps. Google today took a big step and launched the app on Windows Phone platform. Waze gives recommendations on traffic on your commute, it gets the data from its community of Waze users.
While the Waze for Windows Phone collects great deal of info if the app is open while driving, users also report on accidents, road blocks, and other events as they encounter. Waze is a cool app to have if you commute daily on a car, as it reports useful information that can save lot of time.
Waze on Windows Phone Features
- Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info
- Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more
- Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes
- Finds the cheapest gas station along your route
- Notify someone you’re on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
- Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors
Download Waze from Windows Phone store