Diffmerge will allow you to compare two files or folders and merge them easily. It is a must have tool for any developer.
You can keep track of source code changes and merge the differences between two versions of the file. It also helps you to keep your project folders in sync. The changes are color coded so you can easily track the changes, in a click you can go the next change and merge the changes you want.
- Diff: Graphically shows the changes between two files. Includes intra-line highlighting and full support for editing.
- Merge: Graphically shows the changes between 3 files. Allows automatic merging (when safe to do so) and full control over editing the resulting file.
- Folder Diff: Performs a side-by-side comparison of 2 folders, showing which files are only present in one folder or the other, as well as file pairs which are identical or different.
- Configurable: Rulesets and options allow the behavior and appearance to be customized.
- International: DiffMerge can correctly handle 42 different character encodings.
Diffmerge is a freeware and has identical feature set for Linux, Windows and Mac
[…] Ram introduces a freeware tool for developers which they can use to compare two files or folders and merge them to keep your projects in sync. Read it here : Diffmerge: compare and merge files […]