Facebook has announced a new app called Paper, it is a stand-alone app and might replace the Facebook stand-alone app. Paper app works as a news reader app for nor only Facebook news feed but it also allows you discover stories, post status updates and more. The app is debuting on February 3rd for iPhone users in US. There is no information on when the Android app will launch.
Paper app is Flipboard like app with card style navigation. It is made up of stories from your news feed, themed sections for which you can subscribe, stories from publications. The UI is made full screen with clean layouts, like the Medium blogging platform. Paper app also allows you to post your own stories to the news feed, you can also see a preview of your story on how it will look after posting.
The first section is your regular facebook news feed and you can subscribe to themed sections which range from sports, food, science to design, each section will include interesting stories from the web as well as from trusted publications.
Here is what it is ..
- Everything responds to your touch so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements
- You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner, and see faces and other important details up close
- Fullscreen autoplay videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
- Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.· Articles unfold in the app and appear fullscreen for a focused reading experience
- When you’re ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it
Paper is launching on Feb 3rd for iPhone users, stay tuned if you are interested in the app.