Fav.or.it is the new entrant in to the feed reader space. Fav.or.it is trying to do something others have not done so far, it aims to integrate commenting in the feed reader itself. That means you dont have to leave your feed reader for commenting on the story you read.
Fav.or.it is still in beta and accepting submissions for first 10000 blogs for testing. Fav.or.it is a browser based RSS reader like Google Reader. With Fav.or.it you can readand comment on the blog posts, Fav.or.it will send the comments to the blog posts, how it works is not very clear because the site is not yet live.
- Full cycle feed reading. We aggregate – you read and reply all without leaving our site.
- Stream reading – single reading window that fills up with content as you scroll.
- Inline replying – Within our list and stream views you can post a reply and then just continue reading without leaving the page.
- Blog integration – We have a range of technologies that allows fav.or.it to send replies back to the original blog host.
- Slicing – Quickly switch what you want to read by category, rank or tag.
- Quick Slices – We remember your most used slices.
- Finding feeds – You don’t have to! All our content is mashed up all together. You can read it all at once or just tiny sections (slices).
- Feed creation – Every slice you create can be recreated as a brand new feed which can then be read by another feed reader.
(Via Read/Write Web)