Nokia has announced Lumia 925 today at an event in London. Lumia 925 is the next flagship Windows Phone 8 device from Nokia, it is an upgrade from the Lumia 920. Unlike the recent launch Nokia Lumia 928 which launched in US with Verizon this phone is going worldwide. It will be available in UK first this June along with Italy, Germany and Spain followed by other regions including US on T-Mobile. It is priced at 469 euros before carrier subsidies and local taxes.
Lumia 925 also uses the same processor Lumia 920 uses, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor, 1GB RAM and the 8.7MP OIS camera. But it is lighter and thinner than the Lumia 920, it measures 8.5mm in thickness and is almost 50 grams lighter than the Lumia 920 primarily because of the Aluminum frame this uses compared to the other Lumias. Till now all the Lumia used polycarbonate shells, this is the first device in this like with the metal back.
The Lumia 925 comes with 4.5-inch AMOLED screen with 1280*768 pixels resolution for better viewing angles according to Nokia. The new screen offers better viewing angles and includes a bright mode for sunlight visibility. Lumia 925 comes with advanced PureView tech, there is a new Smart Camera mode for the perfect high quality images.
Another important thing is that Lumia 925 doesn’t come with the wireless charging, you can buy covers to have this functionality, the covers will be available in different splashy colors.
Nokia Lumia 925 Key Specifications:
- Networks: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, WCDMA, 2100, 1900, 850, 900, LTE 2100, 1800, 2600, 900, 800
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16 GB user memory
- Display: 4.5-inch AMOLED WXGA (1280×768)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon
- Camera: PureView 8.7-megapixel with OIS, Autofocus, dual LED flash. 2nd camera: HD 1.2MP wide angle
- Size: 129 x 70.6 x 8.5* mm (*volumetric). Weight: 139g
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC, WLAN a/b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5mm audio connector
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Audio: -IHF speaker, 2 microphones, HD voice compliant, 3.5mm AV connector