Nokia has just announced it’s first tablet Lumia 2520 running Windows RT 8.1 at Nokia World 2013. Nokia announced a host of devices including Lumia 1320, Lumia 1520 and Asha series of smartphones along with Lumia 2520. It is long rumored Nokia Tablet and is first for Nokia.
Lumia 2520 features a 10.1-inch display with AHIPS (Advanced High Performance IPS) screen with full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels). The display comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Protection. It packs a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad Core Processor, along with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
Lumia 2520 has same design language as the Lumia smartphones, it is just 8.9mm thickness, glossy back and polycarbonate unibody shell. There is an 8000mAh battery under the hood to power up the device. On the imaging front it comes with a 6.7MP rear camera and a 2MP front facing camera. It also includes Nokia Camera app just debuted with the Lumia 1520.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, LTE, GPS with HERE Maps and HERE Drive+.
Nokia has introduced a companion keyboard with this tablet similar to what we have seen with Surface 2, its main competitor. The keyboard also works as a protective case and also includes an external battery that can give 5 hours of battery life. The companion keyboard comes with a price tag of $149.
Price & Availability: It will be available by the end of the year, it will be made available in Red, Cyan, White and Black color options. It will carry a price tag of $499 when it goes on sale.
Nokia Lumia 2520 Key Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows RT 8.1
- Networks: GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz; WCDMA: 850, 900, 1800, 1900, 2100MHz; LTE: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17, 20
- Speed: LTE: 150 Mbps DL / 50 Mbps UL
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, micro SD card support up to 32GB, SkyDrive cloud storage
- Display: 10.1” 1080p full HD (1920×1080) AHIPS Capacitive Multi-Touch Display, Gorilla Glass 2
- Processor: 2.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Primary camera: 6.7MP Auto Focus ZEISS optics with f1.9 aperture; FFC: 2MP HD wide-angle
- Size & weight: 267 x 168 x 8.9* mm (*volumetric); 615g
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n, microUSB 3.0, BT 4.0 LE, 3.5mm audio connector
- Battery: 8000 mAh