Nokia has today unveiled the Lumia 1020 Windows Phone which was rumored from past few weeks, and information leaked even today before the official announcement. This is the new flagship phone from Nokia in its Lumia lineup, it comes with the signature Lumia design and sports the 41-megapixel PureView camera.
Ever since the leaks started coming in Nokia fans and Windows Phone users are excited to see this phone with the gigantic sensor codenamed “EOS”. The day finally has come and Nokia has officially unveiled, if you are thinking to get this phone it will be available from July 26th onwards. You can get it from AT&T for $299 on-contract in US.
The 41-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) comes with ZEISS Optics with six lenses. As expected it will with the Nokia Pro Cam application to make it easier to edit the photos captured by 1020.
Nokia Pro Camera app: This app will replace the standard camera app in Lumia 1020. It will allow users to change settings of the photos and see what happens when they change exposure level, white balance, etc. It also features in-built tutorials to help master the settings.
Dual Capture: On Nokia Lumia 1020 the Pro Camera app takes dual pictures when you hit the camera button, one picture at max resolution and another one at 5MP resolution, the latter one is good for sharing with social networks.
Once you have taken the shot with it you can come back at a later time and edit the image reframe to produce different images from that one single shot. This feature is entirely unique to Lumia 1020 according to Nokia.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Key Specifications:
- Display size: 4.5 inch
- Display resolution: WXGA (1280 x 768)
- Pixel density: 334.0 ppi
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer
Dimensions: 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm, Weight: 158.0 g
- Micro-USB, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC,
- GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
- LTE network bands: 2, 4, 5, 17
- WCDMA network: 900 MHz, 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon
Memory: RAM: 2 GB, Mass memory: 32 GB, Free cloud storage: 7 GB
Software platform & User Interface: Windows Phone 8
GPS and navigation: Location and navigation apps: HERE Maps, HERE Transit, HERE City Lens, HERE Drive+, Location technologies: Magnetometer, A-GPS, A-GLONASS, Barometer
- Main camera sensor: 41 MP, PureView, Autofocus, Carl Zeiss Tessar lens, Main camera f-number/aperture: f/2.2
- Camera focal length: 26.0 mm, Camera minimum focus range: 15.0 cm
- Flash type: Xenon flash
- Optical image stabilization, PureView, Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6-lens optics
- Digital camera add-ons: Nokia Smart Camera, Cinemagraph lens, Panorama lens, Bing vision, PhotoBeamer, Creative Studio
Secondary camera: 1280 x 960 pixels, f-number/aperture: f/2.4, HD 1.2 MP wide angle
Battery: 2000mAh, maximum talk time (3G): 12.5h
It will be available in Yellow, White and Black colors. It will arrive in China and Western Europe in the third quarter of 2013. No fixed date for the availability in other regions including India. Nokia is planning to release an exclusive variant for Telefonica in Western Europe and for Latin American markets.