Sony announced the Xperia C smartphone in June, it is a mid range Android phone with 5-inch display and a Quad Core processor under the hood. Xperia C is now listed for pre-orders on online retailer sites including Flipkart and Saholic.com. Sony Xperia C will compete with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos, popular in this segment.
Xperia C is features a 5-inch TFT LCD display with qHD resolution (960 x 540 pixels). It is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad Core MediaTek processor MT6589. The same processor can be found in the umpteen number of Android phones sold in India currently including Micromax Canvas Phones, Karbonn and lot others. But looks like this is the first phone MediaTek processor for Sony in India.
It is a dual-SIM handset that runs on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. It is listed currently with a price tag of Rs. 20,490 and it will be available from 2nd week of October according to online pre-order listings. It will come in Black, White and Purple colors.
Sony Xperia C Key Specifications:
- 1.2 GHz MTK6589 Quad Core Processor, SGX544 GPU
- 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, micro SD upto 32GB
- Android v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 8 MP Primary Camera, 0.3 MP Secondary Camera
- 5-inch TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, qHD (960 x 540) resolution
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, GPS, DLNA
- Battery: 2330 mAh
- Dimension: 74.15×141.5×8.88 mm
- Weight: 153 g