Outlook attachment remover is a useful addon for Outlook, as the name suggest it removes attachments from email messages. If your outlook is getting heavier with lot of messaged and attachments try this tool.
Some of the features of this tool are
- Target: Allows you to choose which attachments to save/extract: From the selected folder, from the selected message or from another folder (Let me choose the folder). When the last option is selected, after pressing the OK button a pick folder dialog will be prompted.
- Extensions: Lets you select a list of attachment extensions to process. Example: “.doc;.xls;.pdf” . The extensions should be separated by a semi-colon character. On the gaven example, only the Word, Excel and Adobe attachments will be processed.
- Attachment size: Allows you to process only big attachments, by specifying a minimum size in KBytes. The default value is 10KBytes. Usually, extracting small attachments doesn’t save too much space.
- Remove after saving: when checked (default), after saving the attachment, removes it from the e-mail to decrease your Outlook file size. You may replace the attachment by a link to the saved file or by a link on the e-mail body.
- Save to: allows to specify where the attachments will be saved. If you are extracting the files from a shared folder, you may want to save the attachments on a shared directory as well (on your file server).
- Process sub-folders: when checked (default) process the sub-folders from the selected folder. Has no effect when the “Selected message” option is checked.
- Add sub-directories: when checked (default) reproduces the outlook foldes on the selected subdirectory. For instance, if you selected to save the files on the directory “c:\MyEmails”, the inbox attachments will be saved on the “c:\MyEmails\Inbox” directory and so on.