Samsung has announced the Galaxy NX camera running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean at an event in London. The Galaxy NX is a proper camera with 3G/4G connectivity along with Wi-Fi, in contrast the recently announced Galaxy Zoom is a camera and smartphone hybrid. The Galaxy NX features an interchangeable lens and works with a range of interchangeable lenses from Samsung. Under the hood is the 20.3MP PS-C sensor, which according to Samsung will produce bright and detailed pictures even in low light conditions, while the DRIMe IV Image Signal Processor is for speed and accuracy.
Galaxy NX has 3G/4G LTE connectivity along with Wi-Fi for quick sharing of the photographs.
The flexibility offered by the GALAXY NX’s selection of Interchangeable Lenses places creative control firmly in the hands of the photographer, opening up a world of imaging possibilities, whatever the scenario. From compact pancake lenses and an ultra-wide fisheye to exquisite longer prime and zoom lenses, the extensive range of lenses help change users perspective on their world to create images which are truly special and help them to tell their story in a new way. True 3D Creator also brings an added element of realism to the GALAXY NX results, allowing users to shoot images and movies in 3D with Samsung’s 45mm 2D/3D lens.
It is running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and will allow users to download apps for viewing, editing and sharing of images quickly, with the built-in connectivity allows photographers to quickly share the photos. Samsung included several apps and functions to improve the images, 30 Smart Mode options will allow users to choose perfect setting for the environment they are capturing. Photo Suggest feature provides location based recommendations of popular photography shots.
It packs a 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor under the hood with 4.8-inch TFT LCD touch screen with HD resolution.
Samsung Galaxy NX Key Specifications:
- Image Sensor: 20.3 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600
- Connectivity: 4G LTE 4G (LTE Cat3 100/50Mbps), 3G (HSPA?42Mbps), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, aGPS, GLONASS
- CPU: 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
- OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, RGB Light
- Memory: 16GB Internal memory ? microSD slot (up to 64GB), 2.0GB RAM
- Dimension: 136.5 x 101.2 x 25.7 (37.65) mm, 410g(without battery) / 495(with standard battery)
- Battery: 4,360 mAh