Samsung has announced a mid range Android handset today in its Galaxy Core series. Samsung has launched Galaxy Core and Galaxy Core Plus earlier this year, and the Galaxy Core Advance announced today is the third device in this line. Samsung Galaxy Core Advance will be available in 2014, the price of the device is not yet announced though.
Galaxy Core Advance comes with some design tweaks, the design is slightly different from the other Galaxy Core devices, the most striking features is the physical back and menu keys along with the home key. Samsung says dedicated keys for voice recorder, volume, camera and others will make using the phone easy for users who are less comfortable with touch screens.
The Galaxy Core Advance also includes usability functions and enhanced accessibility features for disabled and visually impaired users according to Samsung. These features include Optical Scan that automatically recognizes text from an image and reads it aloud to the users, light sensing technology that senses light direction and brightness using the device camera. Instant voice recorder that makes it easy to record quick voice notes.
Galaxy Core Advance will be available in Depp Blue and Pearl White. The device will be available for consumers starting early 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Core Advance Specifications
- Size: 133.3 x 70.5 x 9.7 mm, 145g
- Display: 4.7-inch WVGA TFT screen, 198.5ppi
- Network: HSPA 14.4/5.76 Mbps, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz (EUR)
- Processor: Dual Core 1.2 GHz
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB Internal Memory, microSD up to 64GB
- Camera: 5MP AF ?VGA
- Battery: 2,000 mAh
- OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n/, 2.4 GHz; USB 2.0 H/S; NFC; BT 4.0; GPS ? GLONASS
- Features & Services: Sound & Shot, Group Play, S Translator, Easy Mode, S Voice, S Beam, Instant Voice Recorder, Voice Guidance (TTS, Voice Guided Camera, Text Reader), FM Radio