Samsung today announced the rumored rugged version of its Galaxy S4, named Galaxy S4 Active. S4 Active is rumored for quite some time, this phone has similar specifications as of the original Galaxy S4 with some extra features like dust and water resistant. It is IP67 compliant for dust and water protection, it can be used under one meter of water for upto 30 minutes. It also has a water resistant ear phone jack so you can listen to your music under water also. Samsung also announced a nexus like Galaxy S4, S4 Mini.
Galaxy S4 Active has the same 1.9GHz Quad-Core processor found in the original Galaxy S4. It comes with a 5-inch 1080p TFT LCD display at 443ppi. It has an 8MP rear camera which can be used under water, it comes with an “Aqua Mode” for getting pictures and videos with better quality and clarity under water. The volume key on the side of the device can be used as a camera key in this device. Other specifications are similar to the one on Galaxy S4. Pricing and availability of the device is not yet mentioned in the press release, but it will be available for display at Samsung Premiere 2013 GALAXY & ATIV event on June 20th.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Key Specifications:
- Network: LTE Cat3, HSPA? 42/5.76Mbps, EDGE/GPRS Class 12
- Processor: 1.9GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Display: 5.0” Full HD TFT LCD, 443 PPI, Glove Touch
- OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Rear: 8 megapixel with LED Flash light, Front: 2 megapixel
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, Wi-Fi Direct, IrDA, NFC, USB 2.0, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
- Sensor: Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Digital Compass, Barometer Sensor, Gesture Sensor, Finger Hovering Sensor, Light Sensor
- Memory: 16GB Internal memory (User Memory approximately 11.25GB), micro SD slot (up to 64GB), 2GB RAM
- Dimension: 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm, 151g
- Battery: 2,600mAh
[gdpc_product id=12810][gdpc_product id=13707]