Samsung has revealed its latest Android tablet, Galaxy Tab 3, the next version of its popular Galaxy Tab model. It is a 7-inch tablet running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, it is slimed down version of the Galaxy Tab 2, it encompasses thinner bezel than the outgoing model according to Samsung. It has 1.2GHz Dual-Core Processor, 7-inch WSVGA (1024 x 600) display TFT screen at 169ppi.
Galaxy Tab 3 (7.0) has a 3.0MP rear camera and 1.3MP front camera, it comes with 4000mAh battery to power up the device. Along with the usual Android apps it will carry Samsung apps, Samsung Hub and other features. It will be available in 8GB / 16GB model and will carry micro SD slot to expand the memory upto 64GB.
The Wi-Fi version of the tablet will be available from this May onwards and the 3G version of the tablet will be available from June. Both the models may not be available in all the markets, the availability depends on the market. The pricing of the tablets is also not yet known.
It will be available in both Wi-Fi and 3G+Wi-Fi models, and the model availability varies by market.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch Key Specifications:
- Network: WiFi, 3G
- 3G : HSPA?21 / 5.76 Quad 850/900/1900/2100
- 2G : EDGE/GPRS Quad 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor
- Display: 7 inch WSVGA(1024 x 600, 169 PPI) TFT
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Main(Rear): 3MP, Sub (Front): 1.3MP
- Video: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, Playback: 1080p Full HD @30fps
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, A-GPS ? GLONASS
- WiFi: Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Light
- 3G: Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Light, Proximity
- Memory: 8/16GB Internal Memory ? 1GB (RAM), microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Dimension: 111.1 x 188.0 x 9.9mm
- Weight: 302g(Wi-Fi), 306g (3G)
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 4,000 mAh