Sony unveiled its next smartphone in the Xperia series, dubbed as Xperia Z Ultra this phone comes with huge display for a phone. It would be apt to call it a phablet or a tablet precisely, it will compete with Samsung’s Galaxy Note. The phone offers dust resistance and water resistance (IP55/ IP58).
According to Sony it is the first phone to come with their Full HD TRILUMINOS Display technology for richer and natural color along with X-Reality mobile picture engine that optimizes each picture for pixel density and reproduces lacking pixels for a sharp pictures and videos. This phone packs a 6.4-inch full HD Reality display, the display has been optimized to experience at least 60% more of the screen than most other smartphones according to Sony.
Xperia Z Ultra is a slim phone with 6.5mm in thickness, it is competing with the Huawei Ascend P6 for the thinnest phone in the world, the latter is at 6.2mm thickness. This phone weighs 212gms which is 50gms higher than the Xperia Z.
This phone packs latest hardware, it features the Snapdragon 800 Processor with Quad Core CPUs and integrated 4G LTE technology clocked at 2.2GHz. On the memory front it has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and micro SD slot. To provide juice to this oversized phone there is a 3000 mAh battery under the hood, there is also a Battery Stamina for better performance of the phone.
Xperia Z Ultra is compatible with any type of pencil, capacitive Stylus or metal Pen. It has handwritten recognition technology and users can write while on call also making it suitable for business type users.
Sony also included other goodies in this phone like Walkman, Sony Play services including movies, albums etc. When it launches users will get a free content offer including a free trial of the Music Unlimited service. It will be available around the world from Q3 2013 onwards, the exact availability will vary by market. Pricing of the phone has not yet been announced.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra Key Specifications:
- 6.4” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display, X-Reality™ for mobile engine
- Ultra slim, waterproof and dust resistant (IP55/IP58) durable design
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs and 4G LTE
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal storage, micro SD slot
- Write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (with conductive tip)
- 8 megapixel camera with “Exmor RS for mobile” sensor and HDR for videos and photos
- 2MP front camera for video calling
- 3000mAh battery, Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life