Sony announced Xperia ZR, a water and dust resistant Android smartphone in India last month. Xperia ZR joins the list of Sony phones with dust and water resistance. It is now on pre-order from Flipkart and Infibeam, both the online retailers are selling the phone for Rs. 29990.
The phone is powered by a 1.5GHz Quad Core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. This Sony device is IP55 and 58 compliant, so you can submerge it in water upto 1.5 meters and take photos and videos for 30 minutes. It packs a 13 megapixel rear camera with Exmor RS for mobile image sensor under the hood. It comes with 4.6-inch phone with HD Reality Display. According to the Pre order listing Sony Xperia ZR release date is 3rd Week of June.
Sony Xperia ZR Key Specifications:
- 1.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor
- 2GB RAM, 8GB Internal Memory, micro SD card upto 32GB
- Wifi, Bluetooth, Micro USB, NFC, DLNA Certified
- Dust proof and Water resistant
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 131.3 x 67.3 x 10.5 mm, 138grams
- 13 megapixel fast-capture camera with Exmor RS, 16x digital zoom with auto focus
- Front Camera (VGA)
- 4.55-inch HD Reality Display, Shatter proof sheet on scratch resistant glass